AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

ITC to 3000 upgrade
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

bgf
Posted 1/27/2015 07:54 (#4341663)
Subject: ITC to 3000 upgrade

SE Virginia
I currently run an ITC with GS2600 for mapping and SF1? (the free one) autosteer on my combine. The only other use I see in the near future is putting the same system on my sprayer (not Deere) to use as a light bar. My current spray controller is not capable of swath control. I have thought about upgrading to the 3000 receiver to get quicker signal/less signal loss around trees, but haven't felt it was worth the $ for a little gain. With Deere dropping support (or inability to switch activations) in the future, I am relooking this option.

Questions:

What is it that I won't be able to switch? SF1, autotrack or both? I thought the activation was in the display, not the receiver.

If I buy a 3000, switch/move activations, can I put my ITC on the sprayer and only have to move the display from the combine? I assume that the ITC has very little resale value. Again, only looking for light bar function on sprayer. Would I have SF1? Other than some burn down, most of my spraying is in row crops, so light bar is all that I really need to get me close to the row or something better than foam for burn down.

What are the pitfalls of buying used receiver? What do I need to look for? ball park cost? does age matter? Hours? I have always wondered about hours on GS equipment. Obviously hours contribute some to wear and tear, but if the unit is physically OK, how much do hours really matter?

Private sale vs dealer? I assume that I can save a little going private, but how hard is it to move activations? I have support agreement through local dealer, so I could get some help there but I have not bought any equipment (GS equipment) from them, so I don't feel like I am getting a real warm reception when I have problems. Yes, I know that I am paying for support (lowest level, I forgot the $ but not much), but I expect him to help customers who have spent a pile of $ there before he gets around to me. Bigger issue is that I am not real comfortable with local dealers competence in GS. Main guy is relatively new and probable knows the new out of the box systems pretty good, but I am not impressed with his knowledge of older systems or trouble shooting.

I will definitely check with local dealer, but I want to know most of the answers before I go to him.

What else do I need to know?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)