AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Changing of Hands
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

t3hhogslandcattle
Posted 1/25/2015 20:05 (#4337979)
Subject: Changing of Hands

Hello all,
I am new to the site. I have enjoyed reading the other post and decided to try one for my self. I am a fifth generation farmer. It has come to the time where my dad is starting to slowly turn things over to my husband and I. My husband is a first generation farmer. When we met he had his farm and my family had ours. Over the last 3 years my husbands farm has slowly shifted to just my family's farm. After the drought of 2012 my husbands farm struggled like a lot of the other farmers in the area. We decided to sell the equipment give up what little ground we had and join my dads farm. With us working and living with my dad on his farm we have expanded it to now raise hogs, I have a small flock of chickens and we now have cows. With that being said we are having a problem with what the farm name should be. Should we change it to my husbands farm name? Should we leave it the same name as the farm has been for the last five generations? Should we start all over with a completely new name? Any and all input is very welcome. Nice meeting you all. Have a good day.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)