AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

finally got bread as I wanted
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Chris
Posted 12/14/2014 07:08 (#4238922)
Subject: finally got bread as I wanted

East central Iowa

A long time ago I posted about bread not rising in my breadmaker.  I tried a lot of different things and I've tried some different flours.  By accident I used some of my wifes new Gold Medal unbleached flour and got the bread I wanted.

It seems that the Gold Medal unbleached flour is really good for making bread in my machine, your results may vary.  

The other factor is the age of the flour, I found that even that flour when it's a year old doesn't rise as well.

I'm not the only one happy with the bread.  My concern was the lack of rise.  When I first made bread it would rise up out of the pan in the machine but later it wouldn't.  That made a pretty dense loaf of bread and it didn't look as nice.

Everybody that we visit back a forth with likes the bread and if we have a potluck supper they request that bread.  Nobody seems to believe the simple recipe though.

4 cups flour
2 heaping tablespoons  sugar
2 1/2  tablespoons butter
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
12 ounces water at 85 to 90 degrees,  I use a thermometer
1 packet of dry Fleischmann's yeast

I set the West Bend bread maker on medium and something over 3 hours later we have bread which I pop out, rub butter over and cover for about an hour.

(bread.JPG)

(bread (2).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments bread.JPG (122KB - 320 downloads)
Attachments bread (2).jpg (107KB - 312 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)