AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Cedar Rapids buffets
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Chris
Posted 12/3/2014 11:31 (#4217041)
Subject: Cedar Rapids buffets

East central Iowa

I like Chinese buffets.  The ones in the Quad Cities are filled with a very wide variety of food.   One has brisket that just falls apart it's so tender.

Yesterday we had to go to a meeting in CR, Cedar Rapids.  One of my favorite cities in Iowa, high tech and just a neat town.  After the meeting we asked about a buffet and were given directions.  I checked my phone for buffets and it was the first one listed and had 3.5 stars with good reviews.  

We are used to several places in the Quad Cities.  The size  and scope of their buffets is amazing, especially for the price.

I only found about 3 or 4 places listed by Google in CR as buffets.  

The one we went to had about 1/5 the quantity and variety of food we normally find, maybe not even that.  No shrimp, no salmon, just pudding for desert.  The quality wasn't great either.

We didn't leave hungry but it was more eating to survive than eating to enjoy.  

It may sound like I'm complaining and that's the problem with this media.   What I'm really saying is I'm surprised that a city such as CR doesn't have more and better buffets.   Maybe as my wife suggested CR being an affluent community has better restaurants and that's where people there eat.  I countered that our stays in town (CR) and going out for the evening dinner there were never that exciting and she had to agree.

So, am I missing the good buffets and restaurants in CR or are they just not there? 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)