AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

a few questions about 16 row cyclo for beans
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Oakwood
Posted 11/24/2014 12:19 (#4198460)
Subject: a few questions about 16 row cyclo for beans

Manitoba
I'm trying to decide on what type of planter I should try to find to plant soybeans with. last 2 years I've used an older 8 row deere (1750) and I've been very happy with the results and have made the decision to go with a planter vs using air drill / seeder (which we used for some of our beans as well but not happy with stands) But the 8 row planter is too small / slow for doing all the beans (we'll keep the 8 row for corn as we don't grow as much corn and the 8 row is acceptable for that). in my research online I often hear comments about the cyclo planters as being the ultimate bean planter and the latest ones made had / have the same row units as the new ones. so the question i'm wondering about is how much should I expect to pay for a good late model 16 row cyclo. Is there much difference between the 950 and 955 versions? I see one listed online but there asking $ 50 000 for it. that seems steep to me as there are a lot of planters coming up on auction time as dealers have to move used stuff.

trying to decide if the potential savings of going with one of these cyclos vs a 10 yr old or newer planter (deere / case / kinze) would make it worthwhile as a soybean only planter. and if the job these would do would make it make sense to consider it. I'm confortable with 30" rows but would be open to 15" as well but have not seen as many of them.

and if I'm crazy let me know that as well. thanks
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)