AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How long to get a new vehicle that was ordered?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

boog
Posted 9/17/2014 22:13 (#4080037)
Subject: How long to get a new vehicle that was ordered?

For you that have new vehicles ordered, how long did it take for you to get it? We ordered a 2015 Suburban back on June 19. Salesman said 6-8 weeks, which is about normal in the past. Middle of Aug they told us it would be built late that month. Then they were told by the company rep it would be sometime in Sept. Checked last week & still no build date, salesman said the factory rep told them there was a constraint on the wheels. I don't remember ordering any special wheel so when the salesman looked back it showed I had ordered the standard wheels. I an't believe they don't have the standard wheels in stock starting a new production run. I told the salesman to upgrade the wheels to an optional style & see what happens. Next day he calls & said it went thru with the higher priced wheels, now will be built week of 10/6. That means probably another month before we get it.

Wife really wanted an Escalade. I did some checking on GM's website & found one like we wanted near where our daughter lives in IL. Wife called her & she stopped by the dealer today, vehicle was already sold. Salesman there said not to order one as GM is really dragging their feet on building them. Did some more checking on line this evening. Seems that black is a very popular color this year as probably 90% of the Escalades & Suburbans I found were black. Black is the last color vehicle I would want living in the country. I'm almost to the point of looking at Fords.

Rant over.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)