AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Culinary adventure (at least for me)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Mrs B
Posted 7/26/2014 08:10 (#3986415)
Subject: Culinary adventure (at least for me)

Highland Center, in Southeast Iowa

We just returned from a river cruise on the Rhine River from Amsterdam to Breisach Germany. The ship we were on employed a German chef who was just a hoot to be around and really loved his work. As a result, we were offered some real culinary treats over the week, things neither of us had ever tried, and a rare few that neither of us had the fortitude to go for.
One of the first nites out, the chef's appetizer at dinner was tuna tartare. A lady at our table was such fun and so enthusiastic, and she encouraged us to try it. On the other hand, her husband, a cardiologist, just sat shaking his head. He wouldn't touch it. So..........I figured the galley wouldn't serve anything that was gonna kill us, they couldn't afford the liability, especially so early in the trip. Down it went, one bite, the whole deal.  Oh. My. Gracious. Check that one off my bucket list. Our enthusiastic friend raved about how good it was, how well it was prepared, so I believe that I got a good first chance at something like that. It will also be my last. That was one nasty tasting appetizer. It worked though............the rest of the meal was fantastic!  

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)