AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At least it came back...nine years later!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Nate B.
Posted 4/21/2014 20:56 (#3829369)
Subject: At least it came back...nine years later!

Bremen, KS
An envelope arrived in today's mail with the return address of my former residence. It is a Business Reply Mail envelope, but I didn't recall mailing one recently. Upon opening it was a check I had mailed for motorcycle insurance in 2005! Even more incredible is that the premium was due April 21, 2005 and the check was written on April 14, 2005. The envelope had not been opened.

Oddly, the address of the company was still visible through the window on the front of the envelope although it is covered now by a yellow label that states, "Business reply envelopes cannot be altered", but I can't see any alteration. Then another yellow partially covers the first and states, "Returned for postage". Eh? There is a stamp at the top front of the envelope that shows it went through the Kansas City sorting facility on "05 APR '14 PM", so that took 16 days to make a three hour trip. SMH A bar code on the back of the envelope is blacked out.

Last month I submitted a change of address form to the PO along with my new address for mail forwarding. Did this jar this old envelope loose?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)