AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Volleyball court in the yard ideas for posts needed
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

hf213
Posted 4/19/2014 12:09 (#3824995)
Subject: Volleyball court in the yard ideas for posts needed

Hey guys,

My daughter is liking the volleyball playing, and asked for a net and equipment...I do not want to have it up all the time and thinking of some ideas where we could put it up and take it down fairly quick and easy...so that we ( Mom and kids ) :-) could mow the yard and not have to trim around it.

What I thought of so far was to put some pipes / tubing in the ground ( like a reciever hitch ) , then have the upright posts stick into that., surround these with a larger PVC pipe with female threaded coupling on top so I could install a flat threaded cap, and have all this just below grass level so I could mow over it, when net is not being used. Then I thought I could do 2 more on each side at a 45 degree angle for anchors ( inside the pipe I thought I could use those corkscrews for large dogs ) , then use ratchet straps to tighten the net poles. My daughter knows how to work ratchet straps, and I think they would work better and easier than trying to tie them off with rope.. ???

I was thinking of using steel tubing for the upright posts so I could pull them nice and tight, but thin walled so they are not so heavy for her not to be able to install herself.

Anybody else have ideas on what they did or I could do ?
Any ideas, or comments welcomed and appreciated.
As always THANKS IN ADVANCE !

Rog and Gracie
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)