AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

starter fertilizer sight gauge issue
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

farmcdc
Posted 4/18/2014 20:57 (#3824183)
Subject: starter fertilizer sight gauge issue

Fremont, NE
Have a CaseIH 16 row 1250 planter with the factory fertilizer system and before last season I installed JohnBlue VisaGage II sight gauges (same thing as the old Redball system but different brand) so I could see when I had a plugged/flow issue with one of the rows. Worked great last year and now this spring when running water thru them to be sure everything worked (ran water thru them after last season to flush the system out and then filled with RV antifreeze for winter) and they flow just fine but about a minute or two after the pump stops running one bank of 8 will start to drain out and dribble out of my fertilizer tubes onto the ground. I do have check valves installed above my drop tubes also. Could the check valves be getting weak and allowing them to drain? In my mind that has to be it. Filled with my usual fertilizer today to do a calibration test and now all but 4 are draining so seems to be getting worse. Could there to residue left in the lines that are getting caught in the check valves and not allowing them to seat properly but why would they hold for a minute or two and then start to drain off? Has me stumped. Might plant one field with it this way and see if they come out of it but thought I would see if anyone else has ever ran into this situation before. Thanks
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)