AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Cover crop source for my general area
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

ACobb4020
Posted 4/15/2014 12:49 (#3817743)
Subject: Cover crop source for my general area

North Central, NC
Doing some thinking ahead to this fall already and looking for somewhere to get enough cover crop to do only around 100-150 acres or so. Havent really planted any covers except some wheat left over after seeding my original acres. Was happy how it looks this spring compared to how a few of my acres look that didnt get a cover or get a fall burndown. The only thing anyone in my immediate area knows anything about is ARG. Not really wanting to plant any of that as alot of the land I am wanting to cover crop is in a soybean/wheat/some DC milo rotation. Was thinking mainly tillage radishes, cereal rye and maybe some other warm season and cool season species. Some of these acres will be planted after wheat harvest and some will be planted after corn going to soybeans next year. Have done alot of searches and watched alot of you tube videos on the topics over the winter. Im all no till and I think this is the next step to helping my farming practices out. The dirt that has something growing on it year round looks better and after some digging and soil probing you dont have to be a scientist to see that it is fairing better than the ground left idle between crops. Thanks for any and all suggestions
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)