AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

west Texas guar being tossed into involuntary BK
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

rodrod5
Posted 3/17/2014 13:53 (#3759141)
Subject: west Texas guar being tossed into involuntary BK

Lubbock, Texas
http://www.seminolesentinel.com/Content/Default/The-Latest/Article/...

I always thought this whole deal was shady as I used to drive past it.......for the longest time they had gotten a big grant from the USDA to get going and then did pretty much next to nothing.....I quit driving past there a while back and it looked closed down then I was surprised to read on here they were actually finally all these years latter finally getting something going

from what I read it sounds like another "entity" (Spenko Solutions) actually got a hold of an old tore up crappy processing plant and tried to get it up and running and failed at that and west Texas guar was going to supply them

I know nothing about either of them first hand other than years ago no one I knew would consider dealing with them and thought it was just a way to get a grant and waste the money down to nothing

I have no clue where the 4 to 14 million went, but I can imagine there is some common ownership between spenko and WTG (maybe not) and one of them probably owes the other for something and probably took a bunch of guar, fractured it to get gum, sold the gum, paid off their old junky plant they probably bought with devt and then told WTG they were broke

who knows that is a lot of cash to owe people that you live near in an area that has a whole lot of nothing and where wind and dirt blows over fresh dug things and things tossed out in the middle of nowhere and covers them up so you never even know there was a disturbance

of course the black eye pea guy and similar somehow stays around and still able to walk haha maybe that is where the guar guys got the idea
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)