AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Power source for JD 7130
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

IowaMark
Posted 2/25/2014 17:25 (#3716078)
Subject: Power source for JD 7130

NW Iowa. / SW Arizona
I'm reinstalling my GeoSteer from one tractor to a JD 7130. Ag Leader likes you to go directly to batteries all the time if possible. They prefer you don't use the power strip in the cab. The battery is in front of the radiator.The only place I see where I can to get to the battery is feeding it under the radiator where the power source to the starter is fed. It is really TIGHT under there for the size of cable that I need to feed.

I talked with my JD service manager about finding another power source closer to the cab asking him if I could feed off the starter power source. He thought I'd be alright going to the starter as long as I fused the power coming off of it. He didn't have any other suggestions for me.The AL cable is fused so I would think that would work. Anybody else pull your power source from there?

Where have you owners of this series tractor pulled your power source if you needed it?

If I go to the front of the tractor I'll need to probably buy a 22' cable as I don't think my 15' will work. Going to the starter I could get by with what I have.

Thanks, Mark
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)