AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Case IH 2366 questions
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

dlfarms1984
Posted 12/7/2013 21:45 (#3500110)
Subject: Case IH 2366 questions

wc Ohio
First off I wondered if anyone has put a different feederhouse chain in than the original style? I bent several slats this year and would like to put a chain in that is more like the 2388s with a chain in the middle and two shorter slats going across rather than one slat spanning the whole distance. I'm guessing this may be just a hazy idea that's not feasible as I am thinking to do it I would have to redo or buy a different front drum and top drive shaft. I do realize the best thing would be to not combine rocks!! Lets just say I had a learning curve with the MacDon head.

Also wanting to add a bin extension for next year. I have the C-Thru brand wire screen extension now that sticks straight up about a foot but would like to go with a Maurer style for more capacity. My problem is the shop door where I keep the combine in the off season and during a rain in season has a 13 ft. 7 in. over head door. If anyone has Maurer extension I would be interested in knowing how high above the cab they are. Also I was told I need a 7 inch riser on top of the existing grain tank in order to mount a Maurer extension. This seems higher than necessary for the needed clearance for the extension above the cab and was thinking about making my own riser but maybe not quite that tall. Maybe just plan on folding it down when going in the barn? :\ Maybe there is another manufacturer with a lower extension height?

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)