AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Making a seed tender
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Pat H
Posted 12/5/2013 15:42 (#3493658)
Subject: Making a seed tender

The 60 bushel feed cart we turned into a seed tender w/ a christiansen blower and air lock is just not big enough to fill the 16/31 kinze with box extensions so it's time to reconfigure. It doesn't appear particularly complicated or expensive to make a frame with some sort of chute to funnel the seed into the air lock, but what configuration would work best?

This is what I'm thinking:

1. Hold pro boxes or have large enough hopper(s) to hold 2 boxes of seed? There are some DIY tenders made from fertilizer buggies and weigh wagons that would work. There are none close to me, but I'm tempted to consider a $3000 DIY tender that's big enough rather than spend less money building one, but usually plenty of time (maybe too much sometimes). I'd rather not have a wagon to make it easier to maneuver, so my choices for lower prices are pretty limited.

2. If I hold 2 pro boxes - should the boxes be positioned with the long sides in line with the direction of travel or across the trailer? I understand some pro boxes do not have fork lift holes on the short side - or is it the other way?

3. make a frame to sit on an existing trailer or mount axles directly on the frame - it might be lower with axles directly mounted to the frame.

Thanks for any experience you can give me.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)