AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Monosem & Case
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

pmartens07
Posted 11/14/2013 19:22 (#3444782)
Subject: Monosem & Case

Penn Yan, NY
This has been gone over many times on here and I have read through a lot of older threads but still can't decide which way to go.

I am getting ready to build a corn planter which will be mounted on an Amazone rotary cultivator so that I can do 2 pass full tillage planting. We moldboard plow first and then will follow it with this machine. We will almost always be in loose moist soil, but may occasionally run the planter behind a coulter cart for no tilling after barley.

I am trying to decided wether to go with Case IH row units or Monosem. The Monosem seems to have an excellent reputation all around but it does push its gauge wheels and does not have as complete a "shoe" between the discs as the Case. Around here the custom operators always say that they can see the difference when they move into a case field as compared to kinze or deere because the plants emerge more evenly. Not a lot of experience with monosem around here other than a few guys twin rowing beans.

Just trying to figure out which way to go, price on the components are pretty close and dealer support is equal here.

I am on 30s now but probably will move to 22s at some point so the units must be able to handle that. It will be a 15ft machine, ground drive

TIA
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)