AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Fun Kid Garden Ideas
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

gmoney
Posted 5/24/2013 10:25 (#3115165)
Subject: Fun Kid Garden Ideas

SC Wisconsin
I'm trying to get my 4 year old interested in growing things, he's been helping with gardening this year and seems to be getting into it. He got some pumpkin seeds from one of the award winning big pumpkins as a gift this winter - he's super excited about planting those this weekend. He has big expectations - I'm hoping we can raise something that at least is bigger than a typical pumpkin. I am going to have to read up on tips to grow a huge pumpkin.

I'm looking for another idea for a fun kid plant. I've got a row of broccoli that keeps getting eaten to the ground by rabbits. I've replanted twice, and it got mowed down again yesterday. I've got traps out, which worked last year, but no luck this year. I've never seen the rabbit - so havent been able to shoot it. In short - I'm giving up on broccoli.

Any suggestions on what I could put there that could be "fun" (and rabbit resistant)? I was thinking sunflowers maybe. This is a 15 foot row -probably don't have room to plant anything big and sprawling where it's at. The rest of the garden is potatoes, onions, peas, lettuce, tomatos, and peppers.

Edited by gmoney 5/24/2013 10:28
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)