AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Sluggish 3 point lift when warm
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

cbSCNE
Posted 5/2/2013 08:44 (#3075368)
Subject: Sluggish 3 point lift when warm

South central, Nebraska
I have a JD 8100 with a standard hydraulic pump and 3 point lift. This spring I replaced the right 80 mm lift cylinder with an 100 mm lift cylinder to improve lift capacity when running my 1535 soybean drill/planter. It was pretty much maxed out when the box was full of soybeans. The bigger cylinder should have added plenty of lift capacity to handle the loaded drill weight.

My corn planter is a mounted 1700xp 8 row wide non-folding and no markers. It has a single vac fan and I am also running a hydraulic driven centrifugal pump for popup. Both pumps are are running 3 or lower on the flow settings. This is a very light planter and shouldn't ever tax the lift capacity of this tractor even in a standard lift package. It takes very minimal power and flotation to plant with.

I like to run this tractor with the field cruse backed down in 11th gear. It is much quieter in the cab and runs very consistent on speed because of minimal load from the planter.

Problem I have is the lift speed gets very sluggish as the oil warms up through the day and seems to take far longer than it should to lift this light of an implement.

I know the bigger cylinder requires more volume and I understand that can be adjusted by having it calibrated but I'm not sure I will see the calibration improve the performance of the lift speed when the oil is hot?

The lift speed is good when the oil is cool and all pumps are running. I did a complete hydraulic oil and filter service this winter after changing out the cylinder and all the coolers are clean.

What am I missing to improve the lift performance on this tractor?

TIA

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)