AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Using corn or soybean stover for pellet stoves.....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Kickapoogian
Posted 2/22/2013 07:52 (#2917359)
Subject: Using corn or soybean stover for pellet stoves.....

Soldiers Grove Wi. 54655
I've been reading up on the pellet stoves and of course the push is still on to use corn or bean stover (as well as anything else) to make pellets for these stoves.. In our area I don't know if there is any place a person can take their round bales to have them made into pellets or if it would even be cost efficient.. If it would work and be feasible it seems like it would be a great way to heat my home or my shop... I burn wood right now but it's getting to the point I have a tough time cutting, splitting and hauling my wood because of back problems... All I've been able to find on the net are just the small machines in which it looks like one might be able to use a small square bale and feed it into a machine that makes them.... ... I figured since I was just drinking my morning coffee and thumbing through sites on the net I may as well ask some of you guys what your thoughts are on this deal... I remember back in the late 70s when a couple companies came out and actually made a good sized building with a heat exchanger that a person could put an entire round bale of old hay or fodder in and they ran their grain dryers off the heat that was produced but it seemed to be a fad as I'm sure the smoke from the round bales had to be nasty to deal with and I haven't seen any around for years now......
Any thoughts would be appreciated...
Thanks
Kickapoo
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)