AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Herbcide Program - Soybeans, but for southern areas...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

ChrisTN
Posted 12/16/2012 16:48 (#2755905)
Subject: Herbcide Program - Soybeans, but for southern areas...

Ethridge, TN

Started to post this on other thread, Foundation Herbicides - Soybeans, but decided not to hy-jack his train of thought/answers.

We are in the same boat, R-up program is all but useless, and there is no reason to continue paying tech fee ransom. We went totally none gmo this past year on beans, and for the most part, not to bad, but I do need to tweak the system.

Problem weeds are: Johnson grass, fall panicum, morning glory, redroot pigweed, prickly sida(teaweed), and sickle pod. 1/3 of acres will be what is referred to as 1st crop beans down here, other 2/3 is double crop. All will be of minimum tillage, we run turbo-till over wheat stubble prior to planter, as this has saved allot of wear/tear on the planter, 20" row spacing. Plus I'm finding if I loosen the top of this soil, it will not crack open as bad as no-tilling the beans into the stubble.

Past year, the prickly sida and sickle pod, was the hardest to get control on.

Current thoughts on the 1st crops lean towards treflan/sencor down as a ppi, and then come back over the top with select/classic.

Double crops, generic gly/sencor ahead of the turbo-till, the gly mainly to get anything that might be under the wheat, and then select/classic over the top.

Seed dealer is pushing LL, but at current, I'm not excited about that.

Thoughts???????????

Corn will more than likely be the following crop for "14" on these acres, as we seed wheat behind the corn crop.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)