AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Feeding plastic to cattle * Ruff-Tabs
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Gary Lyon
Posted 12/4/2012 02:58 (#2731841)
Subject: Feeding plastic to cattle * Ruff-Tabs

Southeast Wyoming

The discussion below about removing netwrap from feed processors made me think of the Ruff-Tabs that Farmland Industries introduced years ago, thinking it would revolutionize cattle feeding - another idea that got Farmland Industires where it is today.   lol

Do any of you have any experience with using Ruff-Tabs?  I believe I saw some at one time but never knew anyone who used them.  As I recall, they were a hard plastic just a little smaller than, but similar to packing peanuts.  I never understood why they would not pass through and out of the cattle's system.

I'd be concerned with feeding ground up netwrap "strings" to livestock but I guess it is done all of the time; which does not necessarily mean it is good for the livestock, but time is money.

I did a google search and didn't come up with much except this link:  http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1906&dat=19710129&id=uNcfAAAAIBAJ&sjid=ItkEAAAAIBAJ&pg=3194,1462863

And on a side note, if find that link very interesting because it appears to be a scan of a newspaper and you can pan around and see the news of that day, January 29, 1971.  I'm surprized it shows up on a google search.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)