AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Precision AG/Trimble Business
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

IH2
Posted 12/2/2012 15:21 (#2728761)
Subject: Precision AG/Trimble Business

minnesota
To start off I am trying to find a business I can run on the side of helping out on a farm, I will be graduating from college in a just over a year and our farm size is not currently large enough to support me also.

I have a pretty good background with GPS I worked for a Case IH dealership for a couple years while I wasn't in school, where I learned a lot between classes, installs, calibrating and running numerous different models of Trimble GPS. I have had a lot of experience with running most of the models in the fields also (250, 500, 750, 1000, Case IH's AFS pro 600 and 700) I have worked with and installed many sets of planter row clutches also. So I have a pretty good background to start.

I am wondering what I would have to do or some ideas if Trimble even lets smaller guys sell their products or if you have to be an established dealer? I tried filling out a thing on their website that said how to become a dealer but kept saying error when i tried submitting it.

What I would like to do for a business is just helping others take advantage of the use of precision AG beyond just using GPS to drive the tractor, such as implementing variable rate, row clutches, swath control, yield maps, drainage tiling, Etc.

Is there anyone here on AgTalk that has done this that I could possibly talk to, and get some ideas to get my plans up and moving and possibly get a start on this before I graduate?

Thank you for any responses in advance
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)