AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Milkman1, Barn Quilts, paint resource
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

BOGTROTTER
Posted 11/23/2012 19:49 (#2713009)
Subject: Milkman1, Barn Quilts, paint resource

Kingston,Mi
Milkman1, I did some more internet searches for antique tractor paints, came up with a paint chart from MTD. Makes sense since they ended up with nearly every lawn tractor except John Deere and Ingersol. 54 colors from black to Zink Yellow. It has the paint code numbers below each chip.

The leaf pattern that I plan to use is composed of about 4 major pieces (most are left and right pairs)with a certain number in one color and the interspaced pieces in a different color or tone. All of the pieces in this quilt plan are simple geometric shapes (triangles and squares). Your question on taping off the area not to be painted, use blue painters tape and burnish the tape with a flexible edge like a plastic spatula, the very smooth surface of the MDO should allow the tape to provide a very sharp ,crisp edge. The MDO could be painted as is, but I plan to paint the background color over the entire design then paint the design one color at a time.
For the barn at her farm, I have selected a design called, I believe, Apple Tree. It has 2 greens in triangles in 3 sizes arranged for the tree foliage, 1 red as a square (apples)on the diagonal, 2 shapes of blue for the sky several pieces are rectangular and a single triangle a 5 sided piece in brown for the trunk and various rectangular ieces around the trunk. All the lines are straight and line up at 90 and and 45 degree angles.

Menards has the MDO in 1/2 inch, 4 by4ft. pieces for about $22 a piece (special order at the store in Bay City, Mi.)

Will post pictures when this art project is done.

Edited by BOGTROTTER 11/23/2012 19:49
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)