AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What part of "Do Not Disturb" do you not understand?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

amsunshine
Posted 11/22/2012 01:20 (#2710241)
Subject: What part of "Do Not Disturb" do you not understand?

Blooming where I am planted!

So I've been working in northern Oklahoma on a special project for work. Company has approved me to stay in a motel one night a week. In this one town there are evidently two prices: $50-ish and $109 and up. Reason is the oil and windmill industry. At any rate, company would approve me for the pricier one but I just think $109 is TOO MUCH for a motel in a small town so the $50 one has sufficed...until today.

I took the trouble to put the Do Not Disturb sign on my door. I got up and was getting ready for work in the morning. 9:15 the desk clerk/maid comes knocking on my door: "HOUSEKEEPING!". I was furious. That is my #1 pet peeve about motels. If you hang the sign, the staff should KEEP WALKING--this is Innkeeping 101. Also--it was nowhere near checkout time, which was 11 AM.

I got myself together, opened the door, and lambasted her. It's not often that I get that upset, but when I do...I do. Oh, she had every excuse...your car wasn't parked in front of your door (well let's see, a lot of guys who stay there have big pickup trucks and parking is tight--so I had to park a little ways down where I could squeeze my small SUV in better than they could have squeezed their trucks). She also said a lot of people leave and leave the sign up...well dufus, it isn't near checkout time, so I'd advise you check back AFTER checkout time, or check your paperwork to see if that room checked out yet.

I told her I would either like $20 off my bill, or I would make it a point to stay elsewhere. She refused the discount, as did the East Indian owner I talked with later, so I told them they've lost my business.

I went down the road apiece and found a nice little motel that is owned by an American Indian tribe. I made a reservation for next week.

Just had to vent...it was an irritating experience.   

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)