AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

CIH MX120,135 vs 7110 Magnum
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

redhunter
Posted 11/21/2012 21:16 (#2709900)
Subject: CIH MX120,135 vs 7110 Magnum

Owensville, MO
Still looking to upgrade into a newer cab tractor and having trouble making up my mind. Tractor will be taking the place of a 966 Ih and the 9 was plenty of tractor for what I asked of it. Pull an 8RN Cyclo trailing planter with keldermann fold, fertilizer buggy and 15ft. batwing. Might step up to a 12RN planter in the future but not anytime soon. Would most likely be a IH 900 HRF as that's what's in my price range at this time. As easy as the 966 handles the 8 row I don't think it would have any problem with 12 even though they are pretty heavy. Would most likely have to run the duals but run singles now.
I like the MX but not sure on all the electronics as compared to the magnums. Everyone seems to like magnums but I've heard of some issues with ssome of the MX's. My biggest concern is the extra unneccessary weight of the magnum. Even a 7110 will be 16,000lbs field ready. 966 weighs 11,500 with good radials and I've never had traction issues with what it's used for. Should I be concerned about this extra weight or am I worried about nothing? Which would you guys be after?
Would like to stay under $35,000 and have been able to find several of each in that range. Would also be interested in hearing about any of the above mentioned tractors for sale that any of you know about. No beat up junk though. Don't have to have a mint creampuff but want a good solid, well cared for tractor.

Thanks

Joe
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)