AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Forced outlet at end of tile run
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

donny
Posted 11/21/2012 00:25 (#2708649)
Subject: Forced outlet at end of tile run

I have A neighbor who does not want me to hook into his tile nor does he want me to run a separate line to his waterway with a relief wel in his drainage way. I'm not happy with his choice and I Don't think he knows what kind of mess a forced outlet will make for him on the fence line, but that is what he wants. My property at the fence line is 1 to 2 ft higher than his, mine if flat on my side For 200 ft and then goes uphill quite a bit, enough for 3 rows of terraces. What is the best way to build the forced outlet, I don't want water sitting in my tile raising the water table on my crop, at the same time my property is only a 1 or 2 ft higher than his and my pipe needs to be deeper than 2 ft. So could I dig down 6 or so feet at the base of the forced outlet and fill with large rock, then under high flow situations it will blow out the outlet and flow on top of his property, under low flow the rock would act as a sponge and drain the tile, creating a small wet spot for me at the fence. Will this work, what have others done?? Yes, I am trying to be a good neighbor and he is willing to work with me but he is concerned that I am over loading his already overloaded drainage system.

Edited by donny 11/21/2012 19:32
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)