AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Front wheel cracks?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

trakman
Posted 11/15/2012 23:20 (#2699748)
Subject: Front wheel cracks?

Central Kansas
Don't mean to beat this to death,..........cleaning up my "T" tractors today and I have 1 front wheel half that is loaded with cracks, straight and spidered, 4 others that have straight ones. Call D&S and he told me he can fix the ones that are straight for $450 each plus $15 a crack (weld the cracks and install new rubber). The really bad one, is JUNK and not fixable. Deere wants $855 for a new half(P/N been subbed a couple of times, probably just a new supplier?) so do you think that the later ones might be better or probably the same and will have the same results in another 4k hours? Really don't understand why this one just turned to s--t so bad when the other ones just have cracks just starting to show.

I plan on keeping both tractors so would you bite the bullet and get new/never used or go with a repaired replacement and get the other 4 fixed at D&S? I have seen some tracks that were rebared by them but wasn't overly impressed with there looks with about 1k hours of use. Wonder if the replacement rubber on the repaired wheels will last any longer? TIA
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)