AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Replacement seed company for Fielder's Choice?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

jd-tom
Posted 11/14/2012 11:30 (#2696698)
Subject: Replacement seed company for Fielder's Choice?

SW Minnesota
The last several years I have purchased about 40% of my seed corn from Fielder's Choice. I had good luck with their seed (I know others here have not), a not-so-good variety here and there but no different than the others. I liked their business model which resulted in cheaper-priced seed. (I really don't need any more "free" coffee cups, thermos, coats or wrench sets that only have the sizes in them that you don't use). Anyway, as you all know, Monsanto bought them out a few years back and now shut them down after this year (I guess the big M did NOT like that business model).

So now I'm looking for a replacement seed company. Maybe it's wishful thinking, but another company with a similar business model would be great. Any suggestions? In my area (SW Minnesota), Gold Country Seed is their "replacement" for Fielder's Choice. I have no experience with this company - do they have good products, reasonably priced? If they don't, then I could just as well increase my orders with the other 2 companies I get seed from and possibly get a bigger volume discount. The Gold Country rep stopped once this summer when I wasn't home and left a card. He called this fall and said that they had a $25 discount per bag for previous FC customers and that he would stop out in a few days to show me what they had. This was over 3 weeks ago. I really don't want to start doing business with people who tell you that - I have too many of these "get back to you in a few days" deals already.

Edited by jd-tom 11/14/2012 21:48
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)