AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ag Leader - Tractor CAN based implement switch
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Busted Knuckles
Posted 11/13/2012 19:42 (#2695482)
Subject: Ag Leader - Tractor CAN based implement switch

Southeast Minnesota

In this thread on the GeoSteer, the discussion ended up going to application coverage and the use of an implement switch.

http://talk.newagtalk.com/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=343390&mid=2692830#M2692830

I have a GeoSteer and Versa in our Cat 765 steering through the ISO module and CAN bus.

When you start the tractor you have to acknowledge that there can be a "third party controller that controls steering, hydraulic, and hitch functions" or something along that line.

The Cat computer can keep track of coverage.  It is turned on and off with either hyd switch or 3 point switch.

The GeoSteer reads input of certain tractor functions in order to make the steering work. 

Do you think this implement switch area coverage could be read and used by Ag Leader so an external switch is not needed?

I was thinking of this as I sat there and ran the ripper this fall.  Placement of an external switch would be difficult due to the clods of dirt being thrown all over the plow.

I would guess this is just a feature they choose to not explore even if it seems it should be possible.

Edited by Busted Knuckles 11/13/2012 19:43
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)