AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What got into my cows yesterday
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

lawfarms
Posted 11/8/2012 08:17 (#2685515)
Subject: What got into my cows yesterday

King City, Mo
Came home from town w/ a buddy and saw a bull pushing on a double gate into the wheat field. After saying by, and getting into the feed truck and driving back bull was in the wheat field....opened the gate and 1/2 the cows came out when i circled around the bull. So i went into the pasture and put pellets out, all but 3-4 cows and the bull went back in. Gave the bull a little "therapy" with the truck.

Last night got a text from neighbor lady that a cow was out grazing the road bank. Cow had got threw dead electric fence, went though old oven wire fence in the hedge row, walked passed the bale pile and headed west down the gravel road....... more "therapy" Going to town at 8am to get new fencer to replace the one that is jacked up.

Get a call while closing the bean field's road gate asking if i rented the neighbors bean field to turn calves into because 7 calves were across from the neighbors house.............Water gap is bone dry and calf found a hole they could walk out.

I have creep feeders out, straw bales doctored with QLF, mineral and salt out, protien tubs out, and feed the cows 3x a week pellets. I hope yesterday was a freak day.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)