AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Top Dry: Probably will be ordering soon. Will we be happy?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

VWBuckeye
Posted 11/8/2012 01:09 (#2685272)
Subject: Top Dry: Probably will be ordering soon. Will we be happy?

Ohio
Have been looking at grain dryers since last harvest. We have come down to the GSI Top Dry as our probable purchase. 30' 11 ring with one single big heater is the most popular model our dealer sells and is the one we will most likely order. Unlike a tower dryer this hoss has 20,000 bushels of dry storage in the bottom of it. They also are about 40-50k cheaper than a tower of comparable size. The only thing that worries me about the Top Dry is dropping a load of undried corn into a substantial amount of previously dried corn due to some sort of error. I still really like the Meyer Tower Dryer 1600 from Brock an awful lot. I am assuming tower dryers use less fuel then a Top Dry but I am not positive. Towers sure are alot more spendy, but I think in the long run they are worth every penny. I love the heat, cool, ship it away aspect of the tower dryer. With the top dry its heat, cool, take time to unload with big leg. Been rambling these thoughts over and over again especially as we get closer to ordering and commiting to something. Comments and input appreciated. Thanks.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)