AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Any one have experience with NuTran ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Mike SE IL
Posted 9/27/2012 08:37 (#2611171)
Subject: Any one have experience with NuTran ?

West Union, Illinois

I got a flyer for something called NuTran yesterday.  My first thought was micronutrients packaged as "snake oil".  Looks like 10-0-1 with sulfur, boron, copper, iron, manganese, and zinc in it.  Claims are it increases income by $60/acre, 80% more root surface, etc.  Average wheat yield gain of 9.6 bu/a.

OK, it did catch my eye.

But when I read the "application protocols" it says for fall apply foliarly at first or second true leaf, don't apply after 2nd leaf in fall.

That's a REALLY small window to hit in the fall when you are typically running hot and heavy.

In the spring apply at dormancy break, don't apply more than 21 days after dormancy break.  Around here the last few years deciding when wheat is breaking dormancy is a trick.  Last year I don;t think it ever went dormant.

This looks to me like it gives them a very easy out when it doesn't work. "Oh, you missed to opportunity.  But next year ...'.  Like I said, my first thought was micronutrients packaged as "snake oil".  I haven't seen a good reason to change my mind yet.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)