AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

how to plant irregular shaped field with fm750
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

graystonefarms
Posted 6/24/2012 08:15 (#2446480)
Subject: how to plant irregular shaped field with fm750

Maryland
Looking for suggestions on planting a field using the fm 750 where the field is shaped like basically a parallelogram planted on the contour with the hillside(a-b line is same length but shifts to the right with each pass or if that doesn't make sense you'll have to look up what a parllelogram looks like). I am using identical curve but obviously the line runs out when I get to the end of each pass. I have been dropping the marker arm when the a-b line runs out but just thought there might be a better way. I understand with the fmx you can write new a-b line while driving on old ones but not sure about the 750.

Question 2. my fields are in strips. So lets say the three strips are beans, corn then beans. I have a 16/31 planter. I plant the corn first using 40' planter width and 30" rows and mark an A-B line along the top and bottom of the corn field so I can autosteer when coming back on the bean strips. The first pass with the beans I use 40' also because I want a little space between the two crops. Problem is each pass thereafter I need to go 38'9" planter width. I think i can do the shift to here thing but not sure when and if that screws up all my other a-b lines?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)