AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Nozzle spacing in 2600 for JD 4730
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

dpilot83
Posted 3/12/2012 14:11 (#2283318)
Subject: Nozzle spacing in 2600 for JD 4730

I was looking at a 4730 that has the 100 foot boom with 15" spacing with every other nozzle body capped off to make 30" spacing and I was looking through the boom settings. I noticed that the outside boom sections (7 section boom, maybe that's standard?) have 9 nozzles and if you look at L3 and R3 in the 2600 it indicates that those boom sections are on 28.3" spacing rather than 30" spacing. I measured that boom section and it appears that it is actually on 30" spacing.

I also measured the sprayer from tip to tip and found that it's 100' from tip to tip. When you're on 30" spacing this means that you have to add 15" to each side which makes it a 102.5' wide sprayer.

I changed the nozzle spacing on the 2600 back to 30" on the outside booms and that made it so that it said the physical width is 102.5 feet like it should be rather than the 100' that it was previously saying.

There is a greyed out box though that is saying that it's 100' wide still. I've experienced this on our air drill as well. It says it's a 50' drill but when you measure it, it's actually something like 49'3" or something like that and you can't change it to what it should actually be.

There are valuable calculations made off the actual machine width. Why can you not change the greyed out box? If I have gotten the physical width to read correctly will it make acreage calculations correctly, etc? If anyone can shed light on why Deere products do this in general I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)