AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Today we crossed the continental divide.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Redman
Posted 10/23/2011 23:21 (#2017204)
Subject: Today we crossed the continental divide.

SW Saskatchewan
Just North of Sissiton SD.

It is real, just a little underwhelming. At least I am back in the Mississippi watershed that I left 20 miles north from our farm. That continental divide in Flat old Saskatchewan was a 1000 ft vertical climb in 20 miles on my side, 1500 ft drop in 20 miles on the other side.

After viewing the entire state of ND off of every overpass we crossed today, this divide was probably as large keeping in mind the scale of Dakota hills.

Revisited Rosholt SD today, was smart enough to pick the Vikings over Packers so we got into the bar.

The old print shop is still where I saw them pour hot type back in '53. Vacant though.

Cornelius and Dahl have either spruced up their old building from 1913 or have a new one.

Couldn't find the bar where my Swedish aunt would send me for soft drinks(sodas)-nor the drug store that she was convinced was the source of all evil in the town because they sold whiskey(of course she used the swedish term which I cannot remember).

Wonder what she would have thought of an ethanol plant in her town?

The visits to Herman, Alexandria, Hoffman, Pepperton and Chokio will have to wait till the next time we pass through the country.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)