AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Economical way to add liquid to JD7000
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

denny-o
Posted 10/8/2011 16:34 (#1995663)
Subject: Economical way to add liquid to JD7000

Michigan - Saginaw County
Just picked up a 7000, 6 row. in good condition with dry fert and insect boxes and a seeding monitor..
What I want to do is add liquid starter in the furrow and side dress... Went to the internet and looked at Blue, Yetter, etc. and the price for all the plumbing, valves, pump, meters, tanks, etc. adds up fast... I'm open for suggestions to do this project a bit more economically...
Yah, I know it would have been better to buy one with liquid already on it, but this is a low acreage planter that was kept in the shed and not used for a number of years... I thought the price was right. at $4200..
The ones I looked at in my area all ready plumbed and tanked were more expensive and the row units were rusty, tired, loose, and needing complete rebuilding... This planter has tight bushings and bearings, etc. and will need only the odd part here and there to make the row units like new... I only noted one gauge wheel that needs attention...

While we are discussing this, I can use opinions on insect treatment - stay dry or should I change to a liquid and mix it in the starter?

denny-o in mid Michigan, who is older than dirt and greener than grass

Edited by denny-o 10/8/2011 16:34
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)