AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Draper soybean loss help.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

seedcleaner
Posted 10/6/2011 13:23 (#1993024)
Subject: Draper soybean loss help.

Mid-Missouri
I am running a 40ft FD70 MacDon in soybeans. It has 100 hours on it so the draper thing is new to me. The stems have slight moisture in places, but the soybeans are a shade over 7% and 40-60 bpa. I am having what appears to be way to much header loss, maybe 3 bpa. I am running the reel slow, back, and up some. I am shaving the ground, getting a great cut, and the plants are not podded extremely low.

I am looking for suggestions on what to look for as to where the loss is coming from. If everything is set right on the header, I am willing to live with it, but if there is something I am overlooking, I need to fix it. There seems to be excessive loose soybeans on the sickle when I turn around. The lip on the front of the side drapers appear to be adjusted ok. The side draper speed is set as fast as possible, although I would like to see it faster, as the beans get pretty deep by time the material gets toward the middle.

BTW, does anyone know where to place the rubber seal on the middle, bottom poly "returns" pan in the front. Mine was below in the front, but then loosened the poly and pried the rubber to the upper side of the metal. What I am referring to is directly in front of the middle draper.

It also appears the closer to the middle of the header, the more loss.

The loss is not coming from the combine.

Thanks.

Edited by seedcleaner 10/6/2011 13:36
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)