AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

side chutes or drive over hopper
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

hobbie00
Posted 7/12/2011 08:26 (#1859482)
Subject: side chutes or drive over hopper

IL
I recently bought a single axle semi with a Jet 28' tandem axle hopper. I have a 10x72 Mayrath swing away auger with a standard hopper.

I also have 2 of the brent 544 wagons we haul in with. These have the shields to deflect the grain to unload underneath.

My question is what would you recomend to be able to unload in this set up. I tried it with the tailer empty yesterday and the rubber flaps drag alot.

opiton 1 Put side chutes on trailer. I have read on here that some like the chutes but appears most don't. How much grain is left in hopper if I would go this way. This would allow me to dump into bins at other sites.

option 2 buy a drive over pit and just dump into my swing away hopper. This wouild allow me to move and dump in bins at other sites.

option 3 build some type of drive over pit on top of the ground. My thoughts are pour 2 cement structures that I could just drop the swing away hopper in and put a grate in to drive over. not sure how accurate I would have to be setting auger each year with this setup. This would be the only place I could dump my semi if I went this way.

I want to make this hired man proof. I have a hopper walker and think I could make a pile of gravel where my tires would sit to gain ground clearance. However you would have to move the semi as the auger came forward and I am afraid the hopper might get ran over.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks

Edited by hobbie00 7/12/2011 08:28
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)