AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

boom shut offs - Insight w/ DC or EZ500 & EZboom
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

donny
Posted 5/25/2011 14:30 (#1791332)
Subject: boom shut offs - Insight w/ DC or EZ500 & EZboom

Looking to put boom shutoffs on the sprayer. I currently run a ez500 for guidance in the sprayer. It works OK. I find that it is a hard unit to operate with the buttons on the side, but once you get beyond the learning curve it seems to work.

I currently do not have an integra or insight. but could maybe swap out an old yield monitor so I could further utilize an insight in the future.

Would you guys suggest using the ez500 and buying an ezboom to do boom shutoffs,or is this a good time to invest into a used insight. This is going in a 854 rogator.
From the research I have done it looks like I can save 3,000 if I use my ez 500 and purchase a ez boom vs going to the ag leader set up. I know that the ag leader setup is much easier to use and probably more reliable. But is it worth the $3,000 more that it is going to cost me? Those of you who use a ez 500 for a liquid controller, is it accurate and reliable? I honestly don't mind spending the money if I will be happier with the AL products, but being tight I dont want to buy something if what I have will do the job and do it well.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)