AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

special thanks to lil' hoss - 4920 autotrac problem
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

dewgubbe
Posted 5/20/2011 14:28 (#1783292)
Subject: special thanks to lil' hoss - 4920 autotrac problem

Northeast Nebraska
I've put about 50 hours on my new to me 4920. Autotrac was acting up a little bit, one morning I got an error "no motion on was." I cycled the power and ran the rest of the day without problems. The next day I got the error twice. The third day it kicked the bucket completely.

After talking to the local mechanic, he was pretty sure my wheel angle sensor was bad. Sent the wife to pick up the $300 part. Installed it, and then tried to calibrate. It would not calibrate. I got various errors when trying to calibrate, but the main one was "EH valve deadband out of range." One quick call to lil' hoss and he explained to me that most of the time if you are getting a "low motion on was" or "no motion on was" the steering valve is actually the problem.

I put in a new valve this morning. Complete with both the electric portion and hydraulic portion. I could have gotten by with just the electronic portion, but for a couple hundred extra dollars I got the whole thing.

I calibrated the autotrac and it works like a charm. Works better than ever before, so I imagine it has been going bad ever since I bought the machine. It also drives down the road a little better.

Thank you lil' hoss.......YOU THE MAN
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)