AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

More help with SRWW applying liquid N from below!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

seedcleaner
Posted 3/29/2011 21:44 (#1697954)
Subject: More help with SRWW applying liquid N from below!

Mid-Missouri

Okay, I have two or three options from below
 http://talk.newagtalk.com/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=223698&mid=1694348#M1694348

OPTION 1----- They have an "airship" that can apply dry urea on while another boom apply's the solution, which would be quilt, harmony, 24-d, and water. I would have them put about 50% of total N on at this time with urea. About maybe two weeks after their application, I would apply remaining total N of liquid 28% on with our sprayer using streamer bars.

OPTION 2----I can have the coop mix a percentage of 28%, maybe 1/3 of total N, with the quilt, harmony, 24-d and apply this in one trip all together in solution. It would be coming out of flood nozzels I believe. A couple weeks later, I would apply the remaining liquid N on with streamer bars, maybe 80 #.

I have a few doubts about each option. Option1...we prepaid for liquid last fall, not urea, but they are pretty easy to work with. Option 2...I read here mixing 28 percent and herbicide etc... can hurt yield. I also hear putting liquid on with floodjets can hurt yield.

A few questions-

which option do you prefer...what are your thoughts

is their a limit on the amount of 28% that can be applied in one trip using streamer bars(don't want to hurt     yield)

Thanks again

Edited by seedcleaner 3/29/2011 21:44
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)