AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Educate me on SRW Wheat and liquid N via sprayer please...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

seedcleaner
Posted 3/27/2011 22:01 (#1694348)
Subject: Educate me on SRW Wheat and liquid N via sprayer please...

Mid-Missouri

We grow soft red winter wheat.  We clean the seed after harvest and re-sell. Harvest usually last week in June.

We planted iirc before November, no-tilling into bean stubble. 7.5 inch spacing, plant maybe 110 pounds per acre of treated seed. In front of the drill, we broadcast some NPK iirc and dont recall the rates, just what we usually do. Right now the wheat is about 5" tall and looking nice and green, pretty thick. Everytime it got cold this winter, we had good snow cover. Soon, when weather permits, we usually have coop broadcast the remainder of N on the field and usually within a week later, I spray Harmony and 24-D on with JD 4710. If time permits, we may have neighbor fly on some fungicide at heading.

I am wanting to try to get better yields this year and thought it could be done using the 4710 on 20 inch spacing. I know I don't provide our fertilizer rates but what is your opinion about putting on some liquid N before heading. I know next to nothing about liquid N, and what tips I need, or rates. We expect a minimum of 50 bpa, quite happy with 70, and would be floored to have a decent area average above 80bpa. I will talk to my coop soon and see what they think.

Do you prefer 28% over another?
What spray tips for 20" spacing (seems no one agrees here from other posts)
Do I have to run the boom at an exact height in terraces etc... sounds hard
Can I spray Headline or Harmony with the liquid N

Thanks for the insight

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)