AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Legal help/ Cardinal Ethanol (Union City, IN)...Should I have to pay?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

BurkFarms
Posted 1/26/2011 17:56 (#1574379)
Subject: Legal help/ Cardinal Ethanol (Union City, IN)...Should I have to pay?

East Central Indiana
Here is what I have been dealing with the last week or so.

Let me start with some background. I deliver corn to Cardinal Ethanol in Union City Indiana, and have used their DP program twice and they have messed it up both times! First time I was told I had free DP and was charged for it. It was only a small fee of $42, but I cought the mistake and called them numerous times and was told repeatedly that it would be taken care of. Well it was never taken care of and they blew me off. (The exact same thing happend to my dad at the exact same time.)

Time 2.
I receive a phone call last week from Cardinal Ethanol and they basically blurt out that I owe them $921 with no explanation other than they've made a mistake and an auditor caught it.
I of course ask for an explanation and they tell me they will get with their boss and get back with me, with more information. (great way to be prepared and do business!!!)
This time they didn't charge me they DP charge for my fall delivered corn. ($.12/Bush until Jan and the $.04 for each month after) I sold this corn in Dec.
I get my contract out and notice it reads "there is an initial charge of $.12 per bushel"....ok clear enough.
But as I start looking closer the contracts shows each load I brought in, with the date of deliver and bushels. It also shows $.00 in the fees section next to each load.
The contract contradicts itself. In on sections stating the $.12 and then next to each load in the fees sections showing $.00.

I set up a meeting and needless to say it was useless, I met with a guy who had only been there a couple months and repeatedly told me I know how you are feeling. "I just moved here from Texas and they estimated my electric bill for the last 5 days of Dec. and charged me $10 a day, so I know what you are feeling."

As I left the meeting I said so can you tell me this won't happen again... and he responded with "I can't promise you that!!!"

I guess I am most upset with that this has happend to my twice in the past 6 months and when they owed me money I was completely blown off, but now they have made a mistake and claim I owe them money, they are calling me right and left.

If I take this to a lawyer do I have any chance at not paying this or am I screwed and just cough up the $921.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)