AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Soil Energy, Farming with Geo thermal Energy
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

soil-life
Posted 1/24/2011 09:16 (#1569079)
Subject: Soil Energy, Farming with Geo thermal Energy

North Central Ohio, across the Corn belt !

dloc wrote a Post below speaking of sub soil Life and energy. deep layers of energized soil Humus linked together.

quote dloc   (   It would be nice to believe that cover corps represent a definitive solution. But soil microbes are working 24/365. People with heat pumps can tell you how pleasant the weather is 6 feet down. Indeed, their life changes little with the seasons. In lands that freeze over during the winter, NOx from these microbes builds up under that frost zone and is released with the spring thaw – and at quite high levels.

The drainage people (both pro and con) ignore the fundamental differences between shallow and deep tile systems on aeration zones, microbial polulations, water holding capacity, etc. .  )  end quote dloc post

Many of you have ask me why, and of what I am referring to when I mention Soil Energy in many of my Posts.

How C/N ratios and the term I frequently use, Feeding the soil. Feeding the soil Ruminant, Soil Furnace as soil consultant also referred to. 

Many from the Northern states claim, ask, why deen soil Microbes when the top 3 feet is frozen each winter ? correct

Learn to Feed and Farm the Sub, sub Geothermal Energy Mass for Your Proffit. Your soils will thaw, dry and warm faster in the spring.

allowing for a more rapid decay of crop residue and a warmer, dryer seed bad sooner.

the Term Spring Bloom is a Mystery term used by some on this site and an Unknown ? unless one actually witnesses this phenomenon on their own farm each spring.

This is a controversial topic and many say claim Not an issue concerning modern day crop production. I feel the issue very  Much needs to be studied, digested and Learned.

As soils in the Root zone are Depleted of Nutrients and soil Humus, O.M. the Lower sub soil zone becomes Less energized and the soil Deep cell Battery, as I refer to. Becomes less than Fully charged and De energized. Complimenting the negative Dead soil syndrome of the root zone. 

from a teaching of Kenneth Todar PHD, Madison UW.

Archaeal Cell Envelopes

Archaea possess a broader range of cell envelope structural formats than Bacteria, and their cell walls never contain murein. Some archaea have only a single protein or glycoprotein S-layer as their cell wall (e.g. Methanococcus jannaschii and Sulfolobus acidocaldarius), whereas others have multiple layers (e.g. Methanospirillum hungatei). One archaean has a type of peptidoglycan called pseudomurein (because it lacks N-acetylmuramic acid). Sometimes, there can also be a high proportion of tetraether lipids in membranes, which render the cells more resistant to environmental stresses.

Are Archaea Gram-positive or Gram-negative?

Although the Gram reaction depends on both the structural format and the chemical composition of the cell envelope in bacteria, most archaea stain Gram-negative, independent of their basic cell envelope structure or chemical composition. An interesting exception is Methanobacterium formicicum that stains Gram-positive, since its cell wall contains pseudomurein, a type of peptidoglycan that lacks muramic acid. In one study, all other archaea stained Gram-negative because their cell walls were so disrupted during staining, that the crystal violet-mordant complex could not be retained by the cells. Methanococcus jannaschii was grown at both 50 degrees C and 70 degrees C, which increases the tetraether lipids in its plasma membrane from 20% (50 degrees C) to 45% (70 degrees C) of the total lipids; in both cases the cells stained Gram-negative. One conclusion from these observations is that in a Gram stain preparation of a mixed microbial population containing archaea and bacteria, the archaea are among the Gram-negative cells, and the Gram-positive cells are probably bacteria.

BACTERIA

Current phylogenetic analysis of the Bacteria has demonstrated the existence of more than 20 distinct groups with taxonomic phylum status (Phylum is the highest taxon in a Domain). A phylogenetic tree that displays 13 groups is given shown in Figure 5. Most groups listed consist of a distinct phylum; some are now subdivided into more than one phylum. Many groups consist of members that are phenotypically and physiologically unrelated. Furthermore, in some phylogenetic groups (e.g. Proteobacteria and Gram-positives) there is considerable phylogenetic diversity, unappreciated in the big Tree of Life. The current edition of Bergey's Manual of Systematic Bacteriology recognizes 24 distinct phyla of Bacteria, but there remains considerable diversity in phenotype among members of some phyla.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)