AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Am I odd to want to run older tractors
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

JoshuaGA
Posted 1/4/2011 21:49 (#1527222)
Subject: Am I odd to want to run older tractors

Sumner GA, Located in southwest GA,
Okay, to give a little backround, currently we have a Ford 601, John Deere 630, and soon to be arriving back a Massey Ferguson 1100. Feel like the odd one out around here, really like my older tractors as a work tractor, sure nothing fancy but very capable still and been decently reliable. Put 250 hours on that Ford this year with the worst problem being a bad battery. Everything we got together wouldn't make a payment on a new tractor, and I do truely enjoy running them. Not as fond of fixing them, but also not scared to take on the mechanical challenge. If I ever get a good shop I want to rebuild a tractor all the way, may only do one, but just prove to myself it can be done. Actually looking to add one more tractor, pretty much garuntee that it will not be newer than early 70's vintage. I know most people dont believe you can actively farm with stuff this old, had one actually tell us that we had alot of junk laying around our place, but he is the local blowhard as well. So the question, anyone else on here run an older fleet like this.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)