AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Field Level II - Questions on Surveying 400ac Field
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

AgRed
Posted 12/9/2010 11:41 (#1476400)
Subject: Field Level II - Questions on Surveying 400ac Field

Considering buying the Field Level II unlock for land grading surveying only. Original system is laser. Trying to cover all of my bases before making the swap.

Have a land area of ~400 ac that needs to be surveyed together, to allow for plotting out for proper drainage of all fields involved. I have a scenario that needs to be considered by those currently surveying with this system.

1. With this number of acres, and adding in a woods area that would require moving my Mobile base system... after moving the base, would you still bench in on the MB and continue on with the survey after the move to shoot around woods. This is how it is handled with my current laser system.

2. What is the max. number of survey points allowed with this system, and then be able to plot out with MultiPlane? I know I have an adjustment in MultiPlane to handle this, but is there a limit in the FmX on how much this display can handle. Should I increase distance between survey points to be able to survey the entire 400 ac together?

Any help would be appreciated as I am trying to get away from surveying with the laser system due to having to move the laser tower multiple times because of large elevation changes.

Thanks!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)