AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

notilling anhydrous?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

notil750
Posted 5/19/2010 08:37 (#1205552)
Subject: notilling anhydrous?

North Dakota
we have been notilling for quite a few years now and we have just been putting down dry fert. when we were using conv tillage we had a 30' chilsel plow set up with anhydrous and put most of that on. we have guys farming some neighbors land they had soybeans on last fall after they combined they come in and knifed in anhydrous and it left bunches of soybeans all over, then they come in with a super coulter and it did a nice job but they had to do it again this spring before seeding, made the ground look black. i dont want to do this, there is another neihbor that has a 750 drill like ours but its got a gang in front for anhydrous. if i remember right the openers look the same as the seed openers. i was wondering if anyone has made there own tool bar with these single disk openers to put down anhdrous? looked at some implements that are for this, but they are way to expensive for us, i was thinking of maybe taking our chisel plow and taking the shanks off and replacing them with single disk units about 15" apart and figuring out a way to run anhydrous down it. one other thing is if you do somting like this what kind of a closer do you need, would the standard john deere notill drill closer work?
just would like to be able to put down anhydrous with out it digging up trash, or costing us a bunch of money(if that is possible i dont know ;-). thanks

Edited by notil750 5/19/2010 08:38
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)