AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Agco GTA II monitor - hyd drive problem
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

GRFarmer
Posted 4/17/2010 07:40 (#1165022)
Subject: Agco GTA II monitor - hyd drive problem

Northern IL
I am having trouble with the drives on my white 8824 planter starting. If I stop on the end and take off the monitor shows a warning that all rows have failed. It says that the ground speed has dropped below the shut off speed. It will do it also sometimes just turning without stoping on the end. If I'm going 4 mph or more it sometimes works and sometimes not. When I dig up the corn where it does this there is about a 5 foot skip before the drives engage. Last year when I stopped or turned the planter would start to plant in about a foot. In the monitor I have the shutoff speed set at 0.01 so it should start the drives as soon as the tractor moves like it did last year. We updated the software for the GTA this year and had to re enter some settings and I'M wondering if something is not entered right. Also I'm running radar on the tractor and also gps, chould I have the monitor set for Can ground or Digital frequency. For some reason the drives are not sensing that the planter is moving quick enough.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)