AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

460 Farmall Head gasket leaks
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

shoptek
Posted 2/24/2010 08:04 (#1090900)
Subject: 460 Farmall Head gasket leaks

NW IOWA
My brother has a 460 that the head gasket keeps leaking on it. It has been replaced twice and the guy that replaced it said he had to over torque it to get it to quit leaking. Well it is leaking again. so we pulled the head and found out that the 5 & 6 sleeve sticks up about 8-10 thousands of an inch out of the block. all the other ones are flush. The gasket was leaking between 4 & 5 sleeve. I told brother that he needed to have the block decked but he doesn't want to pull the motor to do that. Is there any way that we could sand/grind the sleeve off in the tractor to help solve this problem. Supposedly it has 560 sleeves in it and it dropped a valve once and had to have a new piston put in. We don't have much history on this tractor so we are guessing. Is it possible that those 2 sleeves didn't get pushed down far enough or there was something under the sleeve holding it up that much or what. Is there any other way to get this to stop leaking. I know this is a lot of guessing but we need some help. TIA
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)