AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Good Free Picture Resizer for Vista
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Hayburner
Posted 10/30/2009 13:06 (#906566)
Subject: Good Free Picture Resizer for Vista

I just downloaded a picture resizer for Vista and thought I would share it. I know others have mentioned the image resizer that was available with Microsoft Powertoys, but it is not supported in Vista, and this image resizer is supposed to be similar to the one in Powertoys.

Anyway, I installed it and tried it out, and it works very good and is fast. You can resize one picture, or resize several at once. You can set it to resize according to pixel size, or you can change the default setting to reduce a picture by percentage, (50%). When changing the settings, you can set the default directory as "Same as original location" which is great because you don't have to hunt around for where it went. It will even copy the original EXIF data to the new, resized picture.

One other good feature is that when you resize the picture, it automatically creates a copy of the resized picture leaving the original alone, and gives the new copy a slightly different name so it's easy to find.

The program can be downloaded here: http://www.vso-software.fr/products/image_resizer/download-image-re...

PS. This one truly is free...as opposed to downloading others and trying them and finding that rather than free as advertised, they were only 30 day trials.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)